Xenforo too expensive?

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

My co-owner and I have had to shut down our Xenforo forum because it’s been costing him too much with all the add-ons and stuff. He couldn’t afford it after all. Do you personally find it too expensive for you?

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

I haven't used XF as an administrator for a few years now, so I no longer know that much about it honestly. I haven't even played with a test forum since they had that demo site where people could try before they bought it. I think they were, what, $180.00 USD at one time? But I don't know if it still costs the same or if they've jacked up the price? @SpacewardAsh perhaps you can enlighten us a little? I know you used to pay a fair bit of attention to these things?

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

Ashley wrote:
1 week ago
I haven't used XF as an administrator for a few years now, so I no longer know that much about it honestly. I haven't even played with a test forum since they had that demo site where people could try before they bought it. I think they were, what, $180.00 USD at one time? But I don't know if it still costs the same or if they've jacked up the price? @SpacewardAsh perhaps you can enlighten us a little? I know you used to pay a fair bit of attention to these things?
The license is a one-time fee for about 160$, but it's the upgrades and add-ons that cost minimum 35$ a month according to my co-owner for my ex-mental wellness board.