Points Lottery

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

I'm not all too sure of what points are used for for the time being, but still I'd like to mention that I noticed that the points lottery might be too simple to win right now.

The lottery is drawn every hour, with no one participating, and has 50 points in the pot. So, one could buy one 10 point ticket every hour and win 50 points each time.

Either people have to start buying tickets every hour, or maybe one should limit the draws to once every week or something.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

I'm no good at math, but I think this is how the model works on most forums. Any suggestions on how to use the points would be greatly appreciated though

SpacewardAsh
Server Admin
Great Britain

Post by SpacewardAsh »

If nobody is using it, then simply disable it. You don't need features just for the heck of it! Speaking of which, I think some work needs to be done on the UPS page as it doesn't fit in with the new style at all...

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

SpacewardAsh wrote:
1 year ago
If nobody is using it, then simply disable it. You don't need features just for the heck of it! Speaking of which, I think some work needs to be done on the UPS page as it doesn't fit in with the new style at all...
What's the ups page? And yes, I agree we can probably disable this feature until we can come up with some uses for it.

SpacewardAsh
Server Admin
Great Britain

Post by SpacewardAsh »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
SpacewardAsh wrote:
1 year ago
What's the ups page? And yes, I agree we can probably disable this feature until we can come up with some uses for it.
UPS "Ultimate Points System" app.php/ultimatepoints ;) I mean, you can keep the points if you like but if you don't have anything to spend them on, then it's kind of pointless...

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

SpacewardAsh wrote:
1 year ago
Yep, I hadn't come around to redesigning the UPS-pages yet, so they looked quite ugly!

Since [mention]Ashley[/mention] agrees, I've now disabled the extension for the time being. Thread closed.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Well, they've been disabled for now until we can come up with uses for it, although honestly I don't really see a need for them on a general discussion site.