Quote Problems

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

I've noticed that when quoting multiple people in the same topic, you get to reply to it and it eventually becomes one long quoted text box. Check out the last reply in the general chat thread as an example. Anyway to fix this?

Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Multi quoting is a pet hate of mine. The posts get so long, there are times when some members will delete most of their quoted text that re end tag the quote like i did in mine when i quoted and it ended up in the quoted message.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Mozz wrote:
2 years ago
Multi quoting is a pet hate of mine. The posts get so long, there are times when some members will delete most of their quoted text that re end tag the quote like i did in mine when i quoted and it ended up in the quoted message.
I know, right? One of the few things I've hated about phpbb but I know other software has this issue too. Hopefully it's an easy fix

MeowsePad
Forum Technician

Post by MeowsePad »

You have to make sure that what you type is outside the quote tags. Click after the [/quote] and hit return before typing your response to a quote.

If you want to quote multiple people, hit "Post Reply" to go to the full reply and use the quote buttons in the topic review. It will put a quote of the post wherever the cursor is in your post.
Please vote for MeowsePad.org in the championship! https://forumpromotion.net/forum/thread ... et.163908/

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

MeowsePad wrote:
2 years ago
You have to make sure that what you type is outside the quote tags. Click after the
and hit return before typing your response to a quote.

If you want to quote multiple people, hit "Post Reply" to go to the full reply and use the quote buttons in the topic review. It will put a quote of the post wherever the cursor is in your post.
[/quote]

We did and the glitch still came up in think it happens when you try to quote so many posts in one slot or something

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Glitches lol

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Weboogle wrote:
2 years ago
Glitches lol
Well, that's what they're called :lol:

Mozz

Post by Mozz »

An undocumented feature lol

MeowsePad
Forum Technician

Post by MeowsePad »

It looks like the maximum quote "nesting depth" (or the amount of quotes that can be inside each other) is set to three. Any more quotes than that inside each other will cause it to break. If you'd like, I can change that to a higher number.
Please vote for MeowsePad.org in the championship! https://forumpromotion.net/forum/thread ... et.163908/

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Is this problem fixed or not?