Political forum

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

True. Thanks for the advice.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

People want their voices to be heard.

DaxAdler

Post by DaxAdler »

I have a political forum I will say just host it yourself on your own server. There are to many sensitive people now in companies that will just shut you down. One bad post and you can lose any work that wasn't backed up. Plus the hassle of rebuilding the work and possible broken links that google hates. Its something that I personally enjoy and try to get as much truth out as possible. If you do create the site please send me a link to check it out. Always looking for good reading material. If you would like to check mine out and maybe get a idea of the structure I used feel free is www.govblacklist.com if links aren't allowed here please just delete. Mine may be a little more data that you were looking to get into politically but I wouldn't put my site on a hosted server to risky. Also if you plan on advertising its difficult to even play by the rules when rates are cheap. During an election the cost of ads is far higher than I would be comfortable with personally.
Mostly into Gaming and Politics.
I have two websites that I run for each addiction. lol
www.GovBlacklist.com
www.After9Gaming.com

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

@DaxAdler Maybe we should have a joint venture together.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

How to make this project a reality?

jasony

Post by jasony »

People into politics often cannot accept opposing views. Especially, they can't accept such views if they are extremist ones. I mean, a white supremacist won't last long on a lot of mainstream forums. Well, myself, I'm willing to tolerate such views - but I would hope the anti views would drown them out! I mean, trolls and whatnot won't hang around places where they're not getting the attention.
DaxAdler wrote:
11 months ago
I have a political forum I will say just host it yourself on your own server. There are to many sensitive people now in companies that will just shut you down. One bad post and you can lose any work that wasn't backed up. Plus the hassle of rebuilding the work and possible broken links that google hates. Its something that I personally enjoy and try to get as much truth out as possible. If you do create the site please send me a link to check it out. Always looking for good reading material. If you would like to check mine out and maybe get a idea of the structure I used feel free is www.govblacklist.com if links aren't allowed here please just delete. Mine may be a little more data that you were looking to get into politically but I wouldn't put my site on a hosted server to risky. Also if you plan on advertising its difficult to even play by the rules when rates are cheap. During an election the cost of ads is far higher than I would be comfortable with personally.
Well, that might be too much. In fact, there is quite a bit of "free speech hosting" out there - and it's affordable. However, though, even on free speech hosting - I'd avoid breaking national laws. In other words, don't post violent threats etc..

Webster

Post by Webster »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
Weboogle wrote:
1 year ago
Creating a political forum is a good idea or bad idea?
I'd use my own discretion if I were you. Politics are a seriously touchy subject for loads of people, and there are people like me who prefer not to take sides at all...to stay out of it, which is why I don't even participate in political discussions here too often.
What Ashley said; its' wholly discretionary.

jasony

Post by jasony »

Politics causes people to reveal too much, to be too sensitive. That can ruin a person's image easily. I mean, I remember when I was at university (and later on social media) and I had a tough time - cause my opinions often came out as being "uncool for the situation". However, though, some are masters at debating touchy topics without getting burned - and that's certainly a talent.

Anyway, one example would be some off-the-wall remark about antebellum slavery. O.K., that's an interesting topic there - but not cool to raise in casual conversation - even if taking a liberal view.

Well, I see this problem among musicians. For instance, even if Neil Young and Bono are correct on things, or seemingly correct to many people with good justification - they tend to overkill.

However

It seems many conservatives are making "uncool comments" but they seem to get away with it - while liberals seem "sissy", "having an attitude" - so to speak. I mean, is it really cool to nag on and on about the "sensitive topics" they also do - especially on social media (often under the guise of humor)?

Political Correctness

Some blame lack of free speech on it - but really, it seems more as a control over "uncool-ness". I mean, it's not cool for anyone to debate sensitive topics - so PC keeps many people quiet - and also peer bullying (maybe justified sometimes).

The Unfortunate Result

Classes full of quiet students, also quiet cause of the "macho thing".